HELLO! BINTULU SARAWAK

1:54 AM

This will be my first  entry for this blog. I would like to invite you  to go on a journey of my life and I hope you will WALK WITH ME. It will be the good, the bad and everything else.
Welcome to Bintulu Sarawak.  I will bring you  to an endless journey  of my life in  Bintulu. I have the thought to write about Bintulu Sarawak  because this place has become part of my life. I have never expected to start a new chapter in  my book of life here at this oil town.

BINTULU  SARAWAK  MALAYSIA.  is that familiar to you? SARAWAK  itself is not very well known to anyone outside of Malaysia. Bintulu is located in  Borneo  Island. As I am from Serian, Kuching Sarawak  I will  share my journey starting from my hometown to give a rough view of where is this oil town located. I moved here in August 2014 that was two years ago but the memory is still very vivid as it was a very important  moment in  my  life.  JOB CALL!! Yes that's the whole reason of moving here.

I have never expected to be move here for my  first post call.  I actually requested to be based in  Miri  Sarawak  (a city three hours  drive from Bintulu. Another story for another time). The notice to be based in  Bintulu was a very short notice. I received the news on  Thursday  this one particular  week and I was told to report for duty on the next Monday. I have plenty on  my plate. It's going to be an adventure an instant unplanned trip. I packed my bags and fly four days after that from Kuching to Bintulu.  Either you want to plan a trip or just a weekend away to Bintulu, we have frequent flights in  and out using Airasia  or MASWING  (operated by Malaysia Airlines  Berhad). On  that Sunday, I took an early morning  flight at 6.30am from Kuching  Airport. Nothing much to expect in  Bintulu  because I have never been to Bintulu  before and I was very worried about money and where to stay. From Kuching  to Bintulu, you  can take bus with price ticket ranging from MYR 65-68  depends on  which bus  company. So this long distance buses usually depart from Kuching  Sentral (5 minutes  drive  from the Kuching  International Airport)  but if you are staying somewhere in Kuching  city centre you  can either take a local bus from there to Kuching  Sentral. You  can take 3A or 3K  bus  heading to Serian  and few other buses heading to Bau  Town  or 10th Mile Kota Padawan. Those buses pass by the main terminal  Kuching  Sentral, just press the buzzer and they will drop you  off at the entrance. Bus fare is only  MYR 2 from the city centre of Kuching.

I think I arrived  in Bintulu  airport around 7.30am. And life starts from there. You  can get taxi from the airport to town area or PARKCITY AREA. Taxi fare is around 40MYR. Then from PARKCITY if you want to take taxi to the old town it  would cost you around 18-20myr. You  might walk there like I always did. It takes around 20-30minutes walk. Don't take private driver if you  don't have one that you  are regular with. They are called PREY-BET  here (comes from the word PRIVATE) There is no bus and no UBER in  Bintulu. Good luck! I WOULD LIKE TO SAY WELCOME TO BINTULU. 
on my

Read more on Things to do and Places to go in Bintulu Sarawak.


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Flickr Images